View Single Post
Old 12.18.2006, 02:41 PM   #5
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
selling out is

when you make decisions about your craft (art/music/dance/literature/etc.) based on what will sell the most as opposed to what would be the BEST for the piece in question. that to me is selling out.

an artist/musician/writer can try anything, and attempt anything, but when they try to just polish it up so the lowest-common denominator out there likes it and thereby they sell a lot more, that is selling out.

that works for me. for this deal, I just see it as a job. they are going to tell me what they want, and I will try and do it for them. that's how every other job works. it's not like I'm doing my own thing and trying to make it just to sell. i'm doing a side job for somebody, that's all.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|