View Single Post
Old 03.13.2007, 12:22 PM   #7
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
what do hip hop DJ's and rappers use as their music? ROCK N ROLL. Hip Hop is scratched and cut rock n roll. from bambaataa with kraftwerk to RUN DMC at zep and aerosmith to, and I hate to say it, puff diddy asshole and his robbery of the police. Like Flava Flav said, "we ARE rock n roll."

what I care about the hall of fame for is because it is a way to recognize in public, for the masses, the contribution of artists LIKE Patti Smith, or the velvets or the ramones or Billy Preston, who made seminal music but were not huge selling stars. These people rightfully so deserve recognition alongside the biggies like chuck berry, elvis, beatles, stones, jerry lee lewis, etc.

Also, many of these artrists inducted do not perform anymore, they do not have musical careers anymore, and some live in near poverty. Recognition of one's worth and value, even at such a late late date, is something beautiful to me. I foresee a future date in the rock n roll hall of fame for several of our favorite underground/indie acts. Sonic Youth for one. The Pixies probably. Nirvana definitely in like 10 years.

I do doubt the butthole surfers would ever be inducted but I said the same thing about the ramones and the pistols and patti smith.

I would not have thougth any of this at age 21, but now, at age 33, it makes sense to me.

ain't talkin' bout love. my love is rotten to the core, ain't talkin' bout love, just like I told you before, before before...