View Single Post
Old 11.23.2011, 06:50 PM   #61
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
I saw them at Aladin's.

Good stuff, but for a kid who literally grew up with S-K (seen them more than any other band but one) it was just like.... "uh. ok. But why not just regroup SK?"
)

I also cut my teeth on S-K gigs however..

we don't need a rehash of S-K because this group does just fine as a retool of the Spells

besides, Corin's solo project is also a very good band, so why ruin two good things in exchange for potentially one?

Also, is anyone else extremely let down with the production on this album? I mean, I am so grateful for the massive collection of bootlegs posted on this thread because the album simply DOESN'T capture or duplicate in any way the real sound of wild flag, but the stage show is marvelously refreshing.

The only decently recorded track on the entire album is "Something Came Over Me" which is in fact simply sublime.

That being said, Wild Flag doesn't need Corin, what they need is to bring back John Goodmanson,

because the production on the s/t album is realistically shit.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|