View Single Post
Old 07.16.2016, 12:57 AM   #6630
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by selkcip
got it... I was curious about your impression cuz I found the music sort of slight and amorphous, nothing really grabbed me the first time through. but i've only given it a cursory (surface) listen. still, it sounds like something stereotypical of Fennesz; drifting, 'pretty', not very much definition, nor did it seem to possess anything striking, texturally. it's possible that it warrants a closer listen?

Well, it is a Fennesz record (mostly), so if you're not into Christian Fennesz, you probably won't be into it. I'm a Fennesz fan. And an O'Rourke fan. And I like it quite a bit, but it's not the kind of album I'm going to blast in my car every day for two week.

But I'd say yes, it deserves a closer listen.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|