View Single Post
Old 07.28.2009, 01:39 PM   #7434
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Naked Lunch is interesting to me, because I had to watch it about 10 times before I really liked it. I saw it a few times about, oh, 7 years ago at this point... and was just like "ehhh", aside from a few scenes and the awesome ending.... but somehow, it stuck with me. I just found it a bit dull and nowhere near the, um, experience of reading the book. But, again, it stuck with me and I kept watching it and watching it and watching it, with friends or by myself, over the years. Finally, I bought the Criterion DVD last year back and sat down and watched it for the first time in about 2 years. And, finally, now, I can say that I pretty much love it. I dunno why I had such a tough time loving it to begin with... I just felt that something was a bit off about the whole thing. But it's still a compelling film that will definitely make a lasting impression on anyone who dares to watch it.

This and the newest one are maybe the only Cronenberg's I haven't seen. I want to see Naked Lunch. But the critereon is so expensive.