View Single Post
Old 09.25.2006, 07:43 PM   #26
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
in my opinion, Steve's best drumming occured up until daydream nation and from there its still very good but he tends to favor the "ride" and cymbals more than i'd prefer, maybe thats why i love the way Bob Bert wails on the kit (ie the Gila Monster Jamboree vid) w/ the quite minimal setup and almost a non-cymbal attack (i find "rock" drummers who go cymbal crazy annoying as fuck) which i prefer and makes perfect use of it, Steve did some similarly amazing primitive stuff on EVOL and then really started to go for a more complicated and bigger sound from there... i was watching the vid from Stache's (1985) which is steve's 1st out of town show with the band, and he's drilling and pounding the hell out of that kit, something i haven't really seen him do in over 10 or 15 years... but i'm not complaining.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|