View Single Post
Old 04.29.2007, 01:48 PM   #24
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I'll give Carlito's Way a thumbs-up. Not the strongest thumbs-up, but still a recommendation.

Similar marginal thumbs-up go out to Amelie, Napoleon Dynamite, and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

I'll begrudgingly also give Mulholland Drive a thumbs-up. It's definitely still worth seeing.

Per the topic, I'd love to convince others that McCabe & Mrs. Miller is a great film and am glad I was able to encourage some to see The Elephant Man the last time this thread was incarnated.
As for documentaries, Roger & Me is a masterpiece, but I don't have it in me right now to elucidate further. As for comedies, I really enjoyed the Coen Bros.' The Ladykillers, but most seem to be kinda iffy about it. I'll go ahead and state my opinion now that The Circus is Chaplin's funniest (one of his saddest too) and that everyone should see it.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|