View Single Post
Old 06.19.2013, 08:28 PM   #549
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Have you guys caught that verse about Beyonce and Jay-Z in "Blood on the Leaves?" I heard it without the annoyance of work activity or (ugh) conversation today, and my jaw dropped.

I can see why foreverasskiss thinks I'm a pussy; the extent of Kanye's jadedness, hopelessness, and sense of betrayal are heartbreaking to me. It's not just political angst and social injustice that are eating away at him. It feels like it's his own life.

On first listen, the album's ending felt like it came out of nowhere. But the more I hear it, the more it makes sense to me, and the more fitting it feels.

Fuck Facebook, EW, and any other source that talks this album down with the same cliche's used to slam Real Housewives of Wherever the Fuck and other trash media. Way to keep hip hop from achieving universal and cross-cultural legitimacy by convincing the world that the most legitimate artist in the genre is fucking Brett Michaels. (Oh, but keep repping the shit out of Macklemore, who is of course the real deal, especially since he sells songs to the MLB and sings about gay marriage and equality while in the same song taking pains to make sure nobody thinks he's gay. Twat.)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|