View Single Post
Old 07.01.2008, 07:46 AM   #50
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
k, i spent the past 3 days moving and just kept this looping in the car. must have heard it about 5 or 6 times now, it was the only thing that kept me sane (hottest weekend of the year and HUGE tourist event going on, traffic was ridiculous). it really builds up to a ferocious sqreewl of pure sound fury over the course of the hour, just a real pleasant listening experience. it definitely explores far more interesting territory than SYR6 (though i have to be honest, i don't think i've listened to that one nearly enough).

i keep zoning out midsentence so this may not be particularly cohesive, but i think fans of 'the other side' of sonic youth will greatly enjoy this release. it's definitely not just noise for noise's sake, it's quite a thrilling listen.

Weird. I spent all weekend moving too! The only 2 CD's that weren't packed were Lil Wayne's THA CARTER III and Sonic Youth's HITS ARE FOR SQUARES. Listened to them both back and forth over and over.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|