View Single Post
Old 04.16.2010, 12:21 AM   #6
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
John Goodman is looking unhealthily larger. His character, if anybodies so far feels a little out of place and forced into the script. Not that the story can't use a protagonist, but for him, in this role, it just feels opportunistic and over the top.... probably just me.

I thought it would be, but it's not as cliche'd as I thought it'd be. It's not exaggerated, but for the most part, the wards they cover are riddled with gang violence and drugs... in other words, the nightly murders.

A lot of the musicians are legitimate resident musicians and what you see is what you get, so there's legitimacy there.

my brother met Steve Zahn about a month ago I guess. They film at a restaurant directly across the street from where he works and he said they just hang out front all day watching them film outside. At first they didn't know what they were doing until they started hearing Zahn yell and his voice is unmistakable. He said the crew are forever telling them to get out of the shot and don't allow them to park their cars in their driveway that they have otherwise always parked in. I'd have a hard time not telling them to fuck off..... but they abide.

but.... basically, it's just another soap opera, but worth while. I'd like to say I can do without watching, but seems HBO is intent on cramming it down customers throats... so I'm bound.

FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|