View Single Post
Old 08.14.2006, 11:23 PM   #22
qprogeny79
stalker

qprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
It's definitely English. Hisuterikku Komikkusu. Only thing you did was translate the ku's as wa's. Katakana is actually very hard to read at first because they all look similar. I can read them, but I have a hard time recalling them all like I can with hiragana.

The u's are almost always silent in foreign words like that - and even in normal Japanese, for that matter. So it would be pronounced something like Histerik Komiks, and Hysteric Comics is all I can think of it meaning. Has to be. But I don't know what that is.

ah, now that i take a second look i can see where they would be ku's. that particular font is just so ambiguous . . . on that one kana alone you could make a case for wa, fu, ku, or even u, ke, or ra if you're hallucinating enough.

if the kana are this tough i can only imagine how mind-blowingly impossible the kanji are . . . especially when they have two entirely different pronunciations based on context. i'm going to start taking chinese in a couple weeks . . . gives me something to look, er, forward to.
qprogeny79 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|