Thread: Religion thread
View Single Post
Old 11.06.2017, 10:21 PM   #87
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
and yet that myth is at the center of american ideology— especially on the right

this was the favorite tv program of leo strauss, intellectual godfather to the neocons who led both reagan’s and dubya’s foreign policies.

have you ever watched “the power of nightmares”? great documentary. a bit propaganda-style, sure, but... so eye-opening.

ronnie raygun vs the evil empire
dubya vs the axis of evil knievel

No, never seen the nightmare thing, but I’ll seek it out.
But I know, absolutely, that this is how the “right” (ugh.) thinks.

Which is why it surprises me to hear this logic (non-logic) coming from Bytor. Apparently without irony.

This is how religion is damaging.
This is how it’s dangerous. This kind of thinking being applied to complex sociological and political problems, or, fuck’s sake, women’s health issues, is truly damaging.

I’m prepared to say that it takes an under-developed mind to subscribe to these beliefs in an absolutist way.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|