View Single Post
Old 12.06.2007, 04:45 AM   #27
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
I have imaginary conversations with girls I like too. Less risk of embarassment.

I'm not like Norman Bates where I talk for the other person. They are all pretty one sided conversations. I guess it is no different than talking to yourself, except that I'm pretending that I'm talking to someone other than myself.

The way you describe it's indeed typical of obssessive-compulsive disorder (I have it too, it's like your brain is flooded with intrusive ruminative thoughts).

To those who don't have it and as a result may confound it with schizophrenia it has nothing to do with the latter (a psychotic is unaware of his troubles and loses touch with reality, while obssessive-compulsive people are on the contrary completely aware of their troubles and will end up feeling guilty about it).

It generally affects perfectionnist and rather intelligent people.
Torn Curtain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|