View Single Post
Old 01.17.2015, 03:41 AM   #38213
Nefeli
invito al cielo

Nefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's assesNefeli kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
don't confuse performance with love. if you love painting that is all you need. seriously. doesn't need to be "successful" or "famous" or even "good". love is love and that is all it needs. everything beyond that is accessory. some great painters were never recognized in their lifetime. some successful painters were never good. it doesn't really matter.

let me draw a parallel for a moment: i fucking love cooking. sometimes i make delicious things and sometimes the result is inedible turds. when i make something good sometimes people say "oooh you should be a chef" or "you should open a restaurant" and i think, "fuck off, why turn deligth into a job?" or "so because i love fucking i should be a manwhore?". on the other hand, if i fuck up and ruin a meal, i don't give a fuck, i still love cooking, and i am kind to myself. and sure, i try not to make turds and get better, but that is besides love. love is love. it is complete. it is not punishments and rewards, i.e., it is not attached to performance.

okay! enjoy yourself. personally, i look forward to seeing more paintings you make, but please don't let that be a reward or punishment attached to anything.

ha, i don't know if i make sense, but i think i do.

you make prefect sense and thank you once again.

its just that. i cannot separate the 2. i dont think i ever could, and now its even more difficult. i must try.
perhaps the flow thing might work that way more.
when performance starts to get bad - in the beginnings it goes well- 'flow' gets interrupted, i think.
and i have elements that dont help, moreover when you are selftaught; im inpatient and if i am honest, i expect results with no so much work..
was thinking that perhaps i need some help - dont mean skrink but yeah!
someone to show me some things, get some lessons. dunno.
and its the other thing; if i had/got a job i liked a bit, i wouldnt feel that anxiety, that i wont ever get good in painting and make excuses about not wanting to go back to day job. although i know, it might make me more active because i m in a hole of non action (gym for example).

last, but not least, what gets to me isnt yet that i wont be successful/famous etc, although..it somehow has entered the equation, its that i dont get to paint the way i want. i cant even do the things people from art school do, even if its not what i want to do.
if that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
the moment you are completely satisfied with your work (art, food, writing, business, etc.) is the moment you should quit.

yes, you always need it to be an experiment, you need to have higher or different goals.

to conclude everything is on the mind.
i mean skills are a limitation, but mind sets further limitations.
so i remembered about this - Genteel Death linked me once.
http://www.libertyeyeschool.com/ap2d...ubpage=1655939
Nefeli is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|