View Single Post
Old 09.29.2006, 07:51 AM   #101
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
Fabulous tape Glice!

Prose was indeed my own. Datblygu are one of the greatest things ever. Erhu duo from Sublime Frequencies' "Streets of Lhasa". Comes highly recommended if it's still in print (or, in fact, even if it's not). I make no apologies for Avril, I do think that track is as good as everything else on the tape, hence its inclusion. Willie Nelson isn't terribly popular amongst English people, but there's this strange thing with the Irish communities whereby they really like Country (mainly because country and Irish are very similar - I think a lot of 40s+ country musicians took a lot of ideas from American Irish communities).

I have an Itchy Tasty demo, I'll PM you details presently. They're some mates of mine, I happen to think they're one of the very few decent local bands at the moment.

Roland Kirk melody is familiar because it's the coda of Hey Jude. I try to block Sizzla's bobo Ashanti thinkings out. This is a really early track of his, unfortunately, the later (better) stuff is on vinyl, and I have no means of transferring vinyl> CD. That Ground Zero song I want played at my funeral, I loves it I does. Yes, Laura Cantrell, go, buy, enjoy.

Widget Evil, again, local band who made one fucking amazing album, about 5 unbelievably shit EPs, none of which were put out, and went on indefinite hiatus. Probably my favourite unsigned band ever. Lovely chaps as well.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|