View Single Post
Old 06.30.2015, 10:11 PM   #47012
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccagotcursedout
no, I never went to a doctor. the nurse I was doing work for last week said a bruised rib and a cracked/broke rib feels the same pain wise and they'll just wrap it up the same as Im doing. so, im just tuffin it out until it heals. everybody around me seems to think it's no big deal but, it hurts when I take deep breaths or some strenuous task. hoping it will heal over time.

Im buying the hydros and percs from a friend. need them for work.

I haven't signed up for Obamacare yet. or I did but, never got a email back. I know, I know. im a fool. it's like signing up for food stamps now.

do you think I need to see a doctor?

Whoah.

Listen man, if you've got a broken rib you need to see a doctor, get an X-ray, and have everything evaluated by professional, including the amount of pain medication you're taking and the duration of your dose.

Ribs are tricky. They're close to your lungs, and an X-ray is necessary because a lot of things could go wrong when sharp bones crack around vital organs. Also, if you damaged any cartilage, that's important to note as well. Cartilage can be extremely painful when it tears, and it takes forever to heal. The pain can feel like a broken rib. And two broken ribs can feel like one broken rib. So seriously, get your ass into an ER.

Also- YOU SHOULD NOT BE OPERATING A SANDER WITH A FRESHLY BROKEN RIB/RIBS/CARTILAGE, PERIOD!!!

And for the love of God, you should NEVER take pain medication at your own discretion to relieve pain. This should go without saying. Opiate painkillers are usually pretty damn cheap, so if you go to the doctor and get a legit script, you'll probably pay less per pill than you are now.

Basically everything about what you're doing is totally wrong, and I'm not saying that to be a dick. I've had a number of broken bones, accidents, pain issues etc. I'm not trying to shame you, but I imagine you'd rather not be risking your health, committing felonies and hurting like hell.

Seriously, go see GP or go to an ER if you don't have one. Get an X-ray, take the narcotics THEY GIVE YOU and take time off if they tell you to.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|