View Single Post
Old 05.24.2016, 08:13 AM   #2034
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuj
I don't fuckin care if I'm late. I hear this only when I know it is done. That's how my brain is wired. And from what you have posted maybe it isn't done yet. I like "completed" works of art. I want/need the artist to state when it is done/ready. If the future of art is "living/breathing" (incomplete/changing) then I'm out, Man.

If you're going to refuse to listen to the album despite global release because you're waiting for Kanye to utter one sentence that he wouldn't even ordinarily utter (after all, did he tell us "Yeezus" was "done" even after making that tweak to the streaming versions last month? No. Are you still waiting to hear Yeezus? According to your own wiring, you should be) then you're simply going to miss out on hearing the album.

Since when is a worldwide, definitive release not enough of a sign that — for all intents and purposes — an album is complete?

The album is "done" enough for the world at large. It's "done" enough to be for sale and streaming, to have its downloads and streams counted by the Nielsen, the RIAA, Soundscan and Billboard. It's done enough for Rolling Stone.

Fuck, it's done enough for noisereductions, who's more invested in 'Ye than most people, and who held out until the very last fucking moment.

Seriously, even during the period where 'Ye was making changes, the album only underwent ONE truly significant shift, and that was the adding of the post-Madison Square Garden songs, from 30 Hours and Fade to, finally, Frank's Track and the reconciliation of the original version of Wolves.

It's as done as it's likely to get. Even if he were to make drastic changes to the album now, which he's shown no sign of doing, and has announced no intention of doing, whatever came out of that would effectively be a different album.

The Life of Pablo begins with "Ultralight Beam," ends with "Fade," and contains 19 tracks of absolute awesomeness. Nothing has changed since the album went up for sale & stream.

Do yourself a favor and listen to it, because you're irrational decision not to do so is hinging on "what ifs" that could theorheically be applied to any album at any time. Even if he says the magic, unnecessary words, "TLOP is done," there's still no guarantee he won't change some bass level here or there.

He's moved on man. Hell, if his talk back in February was accurate, he's less than a month away from releasing another album. Don't be such a stick in the mud. I'm as old fashioned about albums-as-albums as anyone here, but I'm not going to not listen to something on the off chance that it might inexplicably change after being officially released as a finished product.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|