View Single Post
Old 11.16.2009, 12:55 PM   #67
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Flying Saucer Attack - Peel Session 5th April 1996

The first time I heard Flying Saucer Attack was sometime in the early nineties. It was a seven inch single called "Wish" and I think it was the second release by the Bristol noise maniacs. The first album was initially released on vinyl only and really impressed my although I remember wondering if it would appeal to anyone else. Obviously there was nothing to worry about because the record sold out in no time at all. It was re-released probably about a year later on CD bearing the slogan "compact discs are a major cause of the breakdown of society" which is a perfectly agreeable concept. I do believe that records with a lot of noise in them sound much better on vinyl. Actually just about everything sounds better on vinyl but I'm not getting into that argument again. If your new to the sound of Bristol's kings of distortion and like what you hear here the first singles compilation "Distance" is probably the best place to start.

This is the second Flying Saucer Attack Peel Session. The first was recorded and broadcast in 1994 and if anyone has a copy of this recording please get in touch.

Dave Pearce - Guitar/Vocals
Rachel Brook - Bass/Percussion

Download Here

1. Jeff Mills Blues
2. Guitar Blues
3. Heartbeat
4. I Can Take You To The Sun
5. Resolution Island

http://theperfumedgarden.blogspot.com/
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|