View Single Post
Old 06.25.2008, 01:22 PM   #17
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
those type of musical movements will always exist though, the merging and mixing of old genres to create a new flavor, but a flavor is not a new type of music in and of itself.
hip hop was a new thing unto itself, and sure it drew on the past but not in it's inherent structure, which was a new thing, made possible by a couple of DJ's and a few MC's.

house music/dance/electronica did the same thing, created a new musical world, and that too has fragmented, as they all do, into many many offshoots, each expanding their own little corner.

What I am curious about is if any of you have any guesses as to what type of music will be brought forth by the collective human consciousness in the future.
It ussually results from new musical instruments, such as electric guitar, the saxophone, turntables used as instruments, etc.

anyone out there making new musical instruments?