View Single Post
Old 04.12.2019, 07:09 AM   #5497
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.sound
VALIS is nothing short of genius. It's part self analysis, autobiography, philosophy, religion. Sci fi is just the wrapping.

He had a series of religious experiences that caused him to research and analyze for years and thousands of pages of notes which led to his three best, unfortunately final, books.

Strangely the most famous pkd books are not his best. Blade runner is pure garbage compared to the novella, and i didn't think that was so great either.

I think I’m over PKD.

Like... been there, done that. Bought the T-shirt and was the fanboy ... now, whenever I re-read something of his, I’m not impressed by the quality of the writing. Still impressed by some of the ideas, but the writing was often pretty meh.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|