View Single Post
Old 05.10.2009, 05:00 PM   #31
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
For me, the stand out tracks of this album are Wildflower Soul, Hoarfrost, Karen Koltrane, and Snare, Girl. Then I'd say comes Contre Le Sexisme. Kim delivers a punch with this track. As for the others, I wouldn't say they are Kim's finest. I do love the endings of Female Mechanic Now On Duty and Heather Angel as well as the middle of The Ineffable Me. However vocally, the rest sounds a little endless... I'm not sure this is the word I'm looking for, but anyway Kim has certainly had greater moments.

As for a girl sounding "ugly," I get that, but it took me a long time to enjoy The Ineffable Me. I guess it's more the pitch of the guitars rather than the vocals themselves though.

I can't choose a particular album where I'd say it's Kim's finest. I think she delivers every album.
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|