View Single Post
Old 05.10.2009, 08:02 AM   #22
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
i think sonic youth probally realized this before daydream nation, i just dont think they had any serious desire at that time to approach music in that sort of way.

i agree with ya, on some level. i also agree though that there is plenty of music/sound out there that is AMAZING that totally lacks in "pop hooks". merzbow, early black dice, DNA, prurient, some butthole surfers, most ghoul detail...some people just enjoy the weird/experimental side of things. some people enjoy abrasive sounds that grab them by the throat and throw them to the floor. some people like drones they can get lost/meditate in....

of course, if ya want to sale large quantities of music, you should prolly consider having something, like you said, people can bob their heads to.

just...everyone doesnt want to do that. i think sonic youth still realize this, too. consider silver sessions....

i do believe the future of music is going to be what many folks today would consider "noise". i do believe prurient is an evolutionary stepping stone as far as "metal" is concerned.

i could be wrong...but i dont think i am.

I love you.

And am I the only person on Earth who thinks Contre Le Sexisme (sp?) is a fantastic song?