View Single Post
Old 03.04.2007, 08:25 PM   #10
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
They were my absolute favorite as a teenager.
I recommend Porcupine, Crocodiles and Heaven Up Here most highly.
Porcupine is probably my favorite. Anything before that 1987 self-titled LP is gold, really.

I'm in total agreement with Mr. Clone, and in dispute with many of the earlier posts.

"Lips Like Sugar" was definitely NOT on Crocodiles, it is a much later song, and the beginning of the end for many hardcore Echo fans. Songs to Learn and Sing is unnecessary unless you would suggest Screaming Fields of Sonic Love as a worthwhile way to experience Sonic Youth. Best ofs of that sort inevitably overlook many of the highest points of groups that weren't all about writing singles to begin with (which Echo most definitley weren't until "Lips Like Sugar" and that wretched self-titled thing.)

Porcupine and Heaven Up Here are fabulously dark, beautiful, guitar driven wonders. I can't pick between the two to call one my favorite. Crocodiles is certainly close to as great as well, and so is Ocean Rain really. The e.p. that contains some of those hits plus "Never Stop" is also essential for "Never Stop" and the awesome live version of "Do It Clean". I start to get acid flashbacks just writing about these records!
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|