View Single Post
Old 08.07.2017, 07:48 AM   #48983
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Hey. I have a trivial but genuine note for you and it is this:

You should start using paragraphs. Break up your writing with appropriate markers denoting the start and end point of your thoughts.
I say this becaus I really enjoy reading your little write-ups, even when I don't like the band or the album in question — they provide a nice little window into an alternative (and usually far more forgiving and optimistic) perspective than my own.
However, when I scroll through the thread and I see just one huge lump of text, my impulse as a reader is to avoid it. In fact, I sometimes find myself reading the first and last sentences and then starting to reply or moving on before even realizing it, and having to go back.
I don't want to do you like that bro, so maybe you could humor me here, and put some miles on the old "return" key for your buddy Severian.

Since the format of this forum doesn't lend itself to standard paragraphs (no quick indentations), you might even consider leaving a full line between some of the bigger blocks. I know, it's picky, but I like your posts, and it will make them much easier on the ol' eyeballs.

tl;dr