View Single Post
Old 10.01.2007, 10:22 PM   #17
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
i think what happens is that the noise bands are doing what sonic youth did which is to just "play" and get together and make sounds and noise and rock for hours on free form weirdness. This is good because it allows a band to create new musical language. However, bands now have taken to recording and putting out these sound workshops (in a sense) which was never done before. it is a natural progression from the times when bands released what were essentially demos out as the finished product of a CD or record. (sebadoh, eric's trip, pavement, etc,) it is no wonder then that bands like lightning bolt and wolf eyes are crafting more song oriented material, and I mean that very loosely, but that is the only direction it can go. Let's now see which noise acts can take the next step forward.

I see what you mean, but Lightning Bolt aren't a noise band and never were to my ears. That music is meticulous and tight, and is obviously the fruit of many an hour spent on honing one's skills on one's instrument. They possess inhuman speed and accuracy. If it wasn't covered in sheets of ragged distortion and contact-mic-in-the-mouth vocals, it's as complex as any freak-prog band out there. That is definitely "music," by any definition, and always was.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|