View Single Post
Old 11.12.2010, 01:35 PM   #36
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
I'm bringing this back from the dead to comment on just how fucking amazing 'First Come, First Served' is. I've finally been massively clicking with it lately, and right now it sounds like one of the most underrated hip-hop records, period. Easily the equal of Dr. Octagonecologyst (spelling?), and it's probably dated better. The whole squelchy low-fi vibe of the whole thing just kills me, and his FLOW, jesus! Next-level shit right there. As a side note, I think there are definitely some similarities between this and my current love for the OF crew. Totally essential record.
First Come First Served is one of the most brilliant hip hop records ever produced. It has style, attitude, beats for days that are actually musical and challenging to the ear, and of course is genius concept album. A gangsta rap album that is not even remotely gangsta! Dr DOOOM is like Scarface but with a better sense of humor, and unlike gangsta rap albums, it is not personal. Dr DOOOM does not name names, he keeps it strictly anonymous in his shit talking, and it pays great dividends.

The Diesel Truckers is some good shit, and of course Dr Dooom II is nearly as genius as First Come First Served.. I also was really into the Mr Nagatco and also the Thee Undatakerz..

but as I am sure you noticed, I only really get down with that Kutmasta Kurt shit, and that DARK kool keith, that gothic Kool Keith, that out there kool keith shit.

He is one of the most brilliant artists in hip hop, and is an artist in the truest sense of the word, something entirely missing from hip hop and rap music. I think that is the kind of artistic genius that separated Tupac from other rap as well, the difference between approaching the music as a kind of gam and approaching the music as a kind of art form. Artists are different from actors and commedians, most rappers and hip hop artists are just actors, where as a select few are sincerely artists.

"I wake up early every morning, and iron my power pants, stand a power stance"

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|