View Single Post
Old 04.28.2008, 07:36 PM   #24
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008...rdon-birt.html

Happy birthday, Kim Gordon!

Apr 28, 2008, 01:33 PM | by Michael Slezak
Categories: Celebrity Birthdays, Music, Sports

Sonic Youth's Kim Gordon turns 55 today, and to celebrate, I am embedding the band's "Bull in the Heather" video after the jump because, well, it totally rocks.
And yet while I've always enjoyed the song on its musical merits alone, I'd be lying if I said there wasn't another reason the track is still in regular rotation at Casa Slezak. Indeed, the title of the song comes from the name of 1993 Florida Derby winner (and Kentucky Derby starter) Bull inthe Heather (who's enjoying a happy retirement in the Bluegrass State), and as a lifelong horseracing buff, I always get an extra rush hearing a musical reference to my favorite sport. After all, aside from Peter Paul and Mary's "Stewball," the sport of kings doesn't exactly get a lot of love in popular music.
So again, here's wishing Kim Gordon a very happy birthday; may she keep on rockin' for many years to come. And since it just so happens to be Kentucky Derby week, I'll pass on my live longshot for Saturday's big race -- Smooth Air, who's gotten over his fever (whew!) and therefore gets my vote to spring the upset in the most exciting two minutes in sports.
addCredit("Kim Gordon, Bull inthe Heather at Old Friends; Astrid Stawiarz/Getty Images, © September")
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|