View Single Post
Old 09.13.2012, 12:29 PM   #16183
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I always enjoy re-watching that.

Yeah, there's something about it. My only problem is that Richard Gere plays such an irredeemable cunt in it that I just can't take his supposed change of heart seriously. The hotel manager is cool though, and I do like Julia Roberts pretty much unreservedly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
Also re-watched Stagecoach a little while ago.

One of the best films ever. The ending is almost dreamlike, when Ringo approaches the murderers of his relatives in that shadowy darkness. I loved it so much more this time. Honestly, I'm becoming a big fan of John Wayne.

Yeah, it blows my mind. The scene 50 mins when Ringo follows Dallas outside and tells her about his ranch kills me every time. Every Ford film seems to have 'that' scene, where everything he's trying to say is captured in a single moment. Like the walk to the church in Clementine or Haillie's cactus rose speech in Valance and obviously the final scene in The Searchers. I dunno, Ford just blows me away.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|