View Single Post
Old 07.29.2011, 07:31 PM   #15033
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
I'd agree that Eraserhead is by far Lynch's best. In fact, it's in my top 5 of all-time for sure. After that, I'd have to go with his short, 'The Grandmother'... then probably Wild at Heart.

ASP mentioned on here a few times that he thought of Lynch moreso as a good introduction to experimental film... but wasn't exactly one of his personal favorites overall (I hope I'm not misquoting him). I think I agree with that. Lynch is really, really good (when he wants to be), but there's much crazier flicks out there with just as strong a sense of beauty as any of his works (which I'm positive you know of, yet still prefer Lynch - to each his own). I'm actually really sad that he didn't get to direct Return of the Jedi though.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|