View Single Post
Old 05.27.2010, 04:13 PM   #25
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlemeat
YES the police profile, and it's fucked up and gross, but when the law passes they need to ask any and everybody they stop about there citizinship status.

Profiling happens everyday and everywhere, there's NO denying it. The point I'm trying to make is that just about every state along the northern and southern borders have laws against illegal border crossing, and I'm sure use profiling to pull off some of their stings or whatever. I'm not against the idea and I'm not supporting the bill, I am however clearing up the idea that people seem to have which is that everyone in the state needs to carry a passport, and that racial turmoil is rampant, and Rodney King beatings are happening on every corner.

It's an election year and everybody has an agenda. Latinos are going to far outnumber every other race in america in the coming years, and crapping all over AZ because of this law is the perfect opportunity for politicians to woo their future voters.

a) do you fucking honestly believe that the cops are going to ask EVERYONE about citizenship? I hardly believe that they will not simply harrass and profile latinos and asians in this regard, and obviously you don't get profiled very often or you might be a bit more empathetic.

b) just because profiling happens, doesn't mean we should accept or promote it. they used to lynch niggers and cremate jews too

c) again, the LAW HASN'T EVEN WENT INTO EFFECT YET! wait a year or two and see the results, you will have racism rampant in law enforcement..

d) so what if latinos become the largest group, why does that threaten you? America is a pluralistic society, why should white people have all the fun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
Its very strange to me why people feel its wrong to enforce the borders.

Borders are absolute and utter bullshit imaginary lines, why do people feel the need to arbitrarily enforce them? Fuck that, free borders for all, human migration is the constant factor of human existence and evolution, lets all face reality here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgekrz
to be fair he has a point. Federal agents right now do things like raids on businesses, pulling over greyhound busses and so forth, asking people for papers and "illegals" get arrested on the spot. I'm Polish and you read stories of people getting arrested somewhere upstate NY on a weekly basis. Now all of a sudden AZ is a big deal, well protest the federal gov't and what they are doing too if you want to be consistent on the issue.

As to the boycott, you could go either way are you making more impact by boycotting or by going there making a concert to support the immigrants?

But the difference is that those are FEDS, not local cops, and there is a LOT less feds patroling then local cops, so it is not a daily issue. Local cops should not be enforcing international issues like immigration. It is a conflict of interest. They have this problem up near Santa Barbara, where local PD are also ICE agents, and they have a SHITLOAD of problems with profiling and racism because of it. No body should be harrassed by the police because of nationality status, this shit is like the fucking Apartheid Dumpasses.. I don't even like having to give the cops ID, let alone to be asked for my social security card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Europe has open borders at nearly every entrance to every single country.

oh yeah, I forgot, those people are not BROWN.

amen amen.

any of you who honestly believe that the cops will be fair in this and only ask for immigration status after a crime are being hopelessly naive. Here in LA it is a FEDERAL OFFENSE for a peace officer to conduct an unwarranted felony stop (ie, to hand cuff and place a person in their car when they stop you just even to say hello) and yet in the past year they have NEVER NOT felony stopped me, nor any of the other folks I know. They simply break the law, and what can we do? Complain? No, we just sit in handcuffs in the back of the car for no reason, patiently praying and waiting to be released and forget how much we have just been humiliated..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|