View Single Post
Old 07.18.2007, 12:06 PM   #88
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
That sounds a little contradictory coming from you, though. And all purely for the fact that you seem to have a penchant for intellectualizing any music at any given turn. Apart from that, I agree with most of what you say on the above post. Music is there to be enjoyed, not just used as a weapon to make you look cool. Ah, the joys of thinking the obvious! In any case, this continuous over-analizing music is more a British malaise than anything. As far as I'm concerned it goes so far as to make music listeners feel ill, sometimes.

You're right, I can at times be the worst. In my defence I do recognise a necessary schism in both my own appreciation of music and other people's, to wit, there is such a thing as music which may be intellectualised (concurrent to pop, I'm listening to a lot of heavy classical things at the moment); there exists such a music as could be intellectualised (some very fleeting instances of rock music); there exists such a music as should very carefully and rarely be intellectualised (pop).

I realise this is a somewhat inane post, but felt it necessary nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|