View Single Post
Old 03.23.2006, 10:13 AM   #35
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
That's a tought question, Tim. Sonic Youth have made a lot of great beautiful songs, but i'd have to tie it between the Diamond Sea and Karen Revisited (for the LSD reference and the line "she claims religion kills more than it saves you, man"). But i also like Lee's cover of Bob Dylan's "Momma, You Been on MY Mind". I really like that song, it has a great melody (Dylan's the shit) and i absolutely love the squeaky feedback scratchings in the background. *Perfect* Sonic Youth need to cover more songs, they are exeptional at recreating great music by other great musicians. Some more covers of the Velvet Underground, perhaps? I'd really like to see/hear them cover either "Heroin" or "Sister Ray". Now, THAT would be nice!
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|