View Single Post
Old 10.05.2017, 07:23 PM   #56
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
Their new album was the album of the week in the Radio Helsinki, that´s only channel you can listen here. To me it seems at least Finnish hipsters it seems to be very cool now to listen all that plastic eighties shit, for example Foreigner. I hated that in the eighties and still hates it. Anyway I like still the stuff of Yes and Genesis (not all that Genesis made, for example invisible touch-song is horrible), but I really can´t understand, why the stuff like Sonic Youth, Nick Cave and the bad seeds, Minutemen, Wipers, Nomeansno etc. are not cool in this "eighties boom"? Well, they`ve played some SY and Wipers songs in Radio Helsinki, but only some. And what I am really afraid next comes nineties boom and bands like Rednex and Army Of Lovers become "cool". BTW I like Springsteen in albums Greetings from - Nebraska, also some his later acoustic albums, also Dire Straits in albums first - Love Over Gold. Brothers in Arms was/ is really boring.

I don’t love any Springsteen albums. Just songs here and there. Unlike War on Drugs, he knew how to make rustic pop sound interesting and energetic.

I know hip kids love War on Drugs, but I don’t understand why. It’s partially due to a huge void in the indie rock world right now. But I’d rather have no indie rock than piss poor boring indie rock that sounds like ambien (except ambien kinda gets you buzzed if you don’t fall asleep, so AMBIEN > WAR ON DRUGS)

There will be another “boom” for ‘80s music. Remember, the ‘80s underground had a really big boom in the early-mid 2000s with bands like Broken Social Scene, Deerhunter, No Age, Liars, etc. Lot of bands drew from Sonic Youth and Dinosaur Jr and Hüsker Dü and so on for a while. There was a brief shoegaze revival. It’ll happen again.

Until then just tell everyone that War on Drugs is the boring Drake of indie rock. Stupid awful fucking band.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|