Thread: Anna Calvi
View Single Post
Old 07.03.2011, 06:41 PM   #38
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Bump.

Some words Anna said at some point in which her interest in film is evident:

I see my songs as mini films; I want to take the listener into another world for the space of a song. I always want to create a real sense of atmosphere. It is really important to me that the music dictates the story as much as the lyrics do - much like a film score. Both musically and visually I want to evoke a sense of passion, I'm interested in portraying romance which at the same time feels mysterious and sometimes dark; the songs often summon a sense of outside danger, of forces which you can't control, at the same time within a landscape which sounds beautiful".

I finally found a video in which she refers to artists that she considers her influences in this aspect of her music: David Lynch, Gus Van Sant, and Wong Kar-Wai are casually mentioned in an interview segment in ARTE TV's program One Shot Note.

Anyway, here's a link to download that video. It also contains nifty performances of "Desire" and "Blackout":
http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...postcount=2031