View Single Post
Old 08.18.2013, 03:15 PM   #1
dasx
children of satan

dasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's assesdasx kicks all y'all's asses
I came to see Yoko Ono's & Thurston Moore's concert today at Helsinki Festival. I admit I was a little bit afraid of what might come out, but as soon as the gig started I was relieved. It was a great gig!

The concert started with 15-20 min. retrospective of Yoko's earlier works and installations. After that Yoko, Thurston and maybe the best finnish drummer Tomi Leppänen (Circle, Pharaoh Overlord, Aavikko, KXP, etc.) came on stage. The first song was "It Happened" and then they played "Why", "Will I" and one long improvisational piece. Then Thurston played two songs solo (Schizophrenia, Frank O'Hara Hit) and after that Yoko returned with Tomi Leppänen. Then they played "Rising" and "Don't Worry, Kyoko".

Acoustic version of Schizophrenia worked also well, but Frank O'Hara with just Thurston on guitar and vocals was quite crappy. But over all, it was great concert!
dasx is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|