View Single Post
Old 02.15.2013, 06:57 PM   #66
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I was listening to Makaveli The Seven Day Theory and comparing it Jesus Piece and realized Game made an EPIC failure. Tupac eloquently and intelligently yet sincerely street blends faith, religion, and thug life like David in the Psalter. He is not ever misogynistic or sacrilegious, just honest about his doubts and fears which we all share together. Jesus Piece was a cool idea for a concept, but in all actuality failed miserably. I respect Game for trying to put his faith into his music, but I was more successful on tracks like Let Us Live, Letter to the King, and Why You Hate the Game...

I actually found Jesus Piece to be a bit more insulting after digesting a few times, a significant let down compared to tracks like the above three I mentioned..

Props to Tupac, nobody will every bridge the gap between street and faith without coming across as blasphemous or pretentious..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|