View Single Post
Old 08.06.2007, 09:48 AM   #47
Georgekrz
stalker

Georgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's asses
I just started college. I just checked dates and Jane's Addiction's Nothing Shocking just came out that summer, I got that the week of release. I remember buying that album in one of the record shop on St Marks Place.

Daydream Nation I dont remember how I heard about it or where I bought it, but I clearly remember sitting in my room listening to it for the first time, it must have been soon after it was released.

interesting sidenote talking to someone about iggy pop i remembered first time seeing him way back when and when i started to dig around, i found the show that i went to was oct. 31,1988 (halloween show) at beacon theater.
so a lot of good things happening musically.

btw- i just came back from Lollapalooza and Iggy and the Stooges put on one of the best shows Ive seen this year, it was inspiring. also, Patti Smith the night before in the rain. Those two will really stick in my memory.

ok more good albums that came out at that time - REM - Green, I think I bought that on the week of release so if it was nov 8, 1988 as per amazon info.
Georgekrz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|