View Single Post
Old 10.21.2016, 11:52 AM   #1320
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

The job of politicians is to convince people like me to vote, and if I am not convinced they didn't do their job. If any of y'all who support one candidate or policy couldn't convince me to vote for it, y'all didn't you your job simple as that. Don't get mad at or blame me for YOUR OWN POLITICAL FAILURES. its not my fault for being honest, and if y'all hold it against me haha that is totally your mistake.

Fair enough, to a certain extent. But I can honestly say that ever since I reached voting age, there hasn't been one candidate I have voted for that I was totally comfortable with, or agreed with on every issue. Chris Christie is mostly useless as a politician, but he said something in this vein that's worth repeating, and I paraphrase: if you're looking for someone who agrees with you 100% of the time, look in a mirror. None of us are perfect, especially politicians, but voting for someone who is imperfect (or in the case of Drumpf, voting against someone who's a total sociopath) isn't selling out, or betraying your ideals. It's exercising, IMO, good judgment.

I don't know how far a politician has to go to convince you that you should vote for him/her, or for/against a ballot issue, SFAD. Again, politicians sure as hell aren't perfect. But as I've said before, lesser of two evils is a very valid concept. If nothing else, HRC won't appoint Scalia types to the SCOTUS, which Whiny Grab-A-Puss has promised to do. I don't think you want 1, 2, 3, or 4 Scalia types appointed, SFAD. I hope you will reconsider not voting. I assume you're registered to vote (hope I'm right about that).
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|