View Single Post
Old 03.26.2007, 06:52 AM   #90
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski
children of satan

Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard suckaRupert 'Stiles' Stilinski cold hard sucka
My god, do people ever just listen to an album weeks in advance, get really drunk, rock the fuck out, and talk about how great the music was at concerts anymore? Is it that hard to have fun without overanalyzing the concert process? The shame is that people on the board are thinking more about this "concept" than the band ever did. This was the best news I've received in a long time. I didn't spend time dwelling on whether this was a positive artistic move or not. I know that I will have a good day when I go to the Chicago show (waiting front row Thurston through the hot sun or whatever else) and meet cool people that will be giddy like me.

I respect people's opinion, and of course the board is a place to share them, but I really really fucking hate it when this place gets crowded with people that work so hard to NOT have fun and simply enjoy the music of what I would assume is our favorite band of all time.

And the ridiculous thought that they'll butcher their own songs? Though I admit that the "Total Trash" of 2003 (I think) was not as tight as the album, these songs will be perfected for these shows. When has Sonic youth ever butchered their own songs live on a consistent basis?

Lighten up, get drunk, sing along, and be excited about something that very few people "get". This concept wasn't created for the masses, it was created for us, the extreme Sonic Youth fans to get our jollies off en masse.
Rupert 'Stiles' Stilinski is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|