View Single Post
Old 11.02.2011, 02:28 AM   #15241
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
with all the talk of bjork the other day (i forget which thread) i decided to finally watch this:

von trier is a fucking sentimental sadist. this was a bit fucking much. okay, i get it, you want to fuck musicals upside down and make dreadful things happen, but this was over the top. bjork was fucking great though as a part-retard creature, her little piglet face under those big glasses. she was brilliant.

the rest of the casting left much to be desired-- catherine deneuve as a factory worker? really? doesn't fit the type. a swede playing an american for wannabe boyfriend? come on. everybody had a fucking accent here, which takes away from the story. and i guess it's okay because the story is a fucking shameless manipulation.

also, all the talk of cronenberg got me rewatching this:

i'm watching this now, i thought bjork being czech wouldn't work but wow the american characters are generally even less believable. it's not important but i really can't buy that this is washington
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|