Thread: ATP festival!
View Single Post
Old 12.14.2006, 11:03 AM   #238
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
I only got back this morning from spending 10 days in London/ATP, watching gigs from bands who also played at ATP every night since the 4th; december 5th being the only day with no live music at all. I haven't slept at all last night and I'm completely knackered, but I'm too restless to go to bed right now and I still have a gig to go to later on tonight... and then tomorrow and Saturday there's still State X New Forms to finish it all off!

Saw so many gigs that my hearing's been going numb for the last week; met so many people that if I'd try mentioning them all then I'm sure I'd forget a few; had such a great time that I don't really know where to start or what to write.. .and I'm so fucking tired that I barely even have the energy to read this thread. I don't want to forget anyone, so I'll just say that everyone's I've met has been really kind. My chalet members are all lovely people and I want to thank Toilet&Bowels (plus girlfriend and housemates) in particular because they were all so kind to provide a place to sleep during my entire stay in London.

ATP itself was a really really great weekend; it just went by so incredibly fast... Don't have any complaints really... I guess the queueing was a bit stressful, but it barely affected my festival experience because I was mostly at the smaller stages that were without queues pretty much most most of the time... and because of the queues and bands playing twice due to those I actually got to see a great show by Gang of Four whom I otherwise probably wouldn't have bothered about seeing. They played an extra show right after Sonic Youth and just like the Stooges they showed that not every band reunion has to be shit... The only advantage from the old venue at Camber Sands over the one at Minehead was that it was much easier to check out everything because there were only two stages and they were both in the same building.. queueing up outside in the late night December winds without wearing a jacket to see Bardo Pond was a nightmare before Christmas for real!

I might post some pictures later, although I guess there's already been tons of those posted by otheres here and elsewhere. I'll also have a few recordings to share later on, when my bearded man in London can find some spare time.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|