View Single Post
Old 07.17.2013, 01:05 PM   #3405
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
I've always said that a great player doesn't usually mean a great manager.There's more than a few average layers who went on to be great managers.

Ferguson
Mourinho
Moyes
Wenger (you can't deny he's a great manager)
Bob Paisley
Scolari

and so on, and so on.

right, all that is true, but you need experience and exposure and a deep understanding of things. in the case of bob bradley (which is what i was talking about) the guy grew up in the US in the 50s/60s, played high school + college, went on to manage his own college and eventually joined the MLS. no international exposure, no high level experience because there is little of it here, etc. he strikes me as a good and decent man, just lacking exposure to the rest of the universe. look at his bio here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Bradley#Early_life

it's not that he lacks brains or something, it's that the culture and tradition of football in the usa didn't really exist when he was growing up. there were no football stadiums. there was no 500 tv channels of international sports. compare him vs. villas boas who at age 16 was hanging out with bobby robson and working for porto. i mean, come on!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|