View Single Post
Old 05.06.2015, 08:02 AM   #46557
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Is LA Woman generally regarded as a bad Doors album, or do I just not like the Doors? Both?

I love all the Doors albums, but Morrison Hotel & L.A Woman are the bluesiest Doors albums. I think general opinion is their first three albums are their best. If you want to listen non-blues Doors albums, I recommend Strange Days & Waitin For the Sun. I think Soft Parade is really much underrated, really like itīs "entertainmusic" influences (horns in Tell All the People, Touch Me, Runnin Blue) also itīs the most prog-influenced Doors-album (self-titled long song).

That means they defined the worst decade in rock and roll history.

No. The Worst decades of RīN`r history have been 2000 & 2010 decades. These are the decades when Rīn`R has really became part of entertaining business (I really hate Idols, Talents-competitions and all kind of Voice of Bullshits). Yes, I know there have been maybe the largest amount of indie/alternative bands, but can you show me any style that is not less or more retro-influenced? Even a one band or artists that make totally never before heard music? Seventies music went forward, it took directions never heard before (prog-rock, punk, well punk was partly retro when taking lots of influences from sixties garage). Specially in the start of decade there were lots of great bands nobody hasnīt mentioned in this latest discussion (Spooky Tooth, Mountain, Free, Ten Years After, Family, Fairport Convention, Colosseum, Blue Öyster Cult, Mott the Hoople, Traffic, New York Dolls, Nazareth, really many prog-rock & krautrockbands, also many bands from non-US & non-UK). I really hate eighties plastic drums & synths, but that sound was also something new. And in the eighties became Sonic Youth, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, the Cure, Tom Waits greatest era started. Nineties there was grunge even it recycled punk & seventies heavy. In the 2000-2010 there has been anything revolutionary in Rock, no youth movements like in the earlier decades. I am really glad if you can show Iīm wrong because I really think youth movements in music are just great thing, I really donīt like when my kids are growing with idols and that sort of shit.

-The occasional endless blues solo. Seriously, after Hendrix why the hell did anyone bother?

I think you havenīt really listened Zeppelin studio-albums. Page doesnīt play lots of solos in them, in live situations yes (well In my Time of Dying yes, itīs just too long). I think IV is the greatest, I really love also Houses of the Holy (Itīs my first Zeppelin-album). Physical Graffiti is overrated, the third side is really great.

I love Zeppelin, Floyd, the Who, The Doors. My order in those bands are: Floyd>the Who>the Doors>Zeppelin. I canīt understand these comments about the Who, I think itīs maybe the most important band of rock history. I mean it has done succesfully almost all the music styles (I think they were also pioneers in putting electronic elements into rock music, I think before Baba OīRiley & Wonīt get Fooled again no-one has done those things). Have you all listened Tommy, Whoīs Next & Quadrophenia whole through?
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|