View Single Post
Old 05.05.2015, 04:09 PM   #46550
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

i hear that. i have the same moral quandary with bitchez-and-money music and the glorification of brand names, crime, etc.

i love most of those bands actually. some pink floyd is fantastic, some is kind of terrible. i have no love for fleetwood mac really nor springsteen-- i have tried but they didn't stick. the who was kind of entertaining but they never did much for me-- though moon & entwistle were great, i wish i could isolate their tracks. springsteen sounds to me like the band from some nightly talk show, and fleetwood mac is some sweet old pop and the lady had a nice voice but i can't hear much more in them-- am i wrong and if so what should i listen for? well, good drummer too but the stuff around it hmmm nah.

Fleetwood Mac just had a gift for melody. They are not my kind of band at all. But The Chain, especially that quiet bit near the end when the bass kicks in- rocks in a really dark, moody way. Lindsay Buckingham is a shredder... Like Peter Buck playing arena rock.

For the '70s, they were a surprisingly "no-bullshit" band. Yeah, there was drama and stuff, but their sound was not defined by their image. They weren't flashy or over the top (except Stevie, who is nothing if not both of those things combined, to the tenth power)... But honestly their songs were good, and I've always thought they deserved a more legendary status than they ended up with.

Listen Rumors and Tusk. I don't know. Knock yourself out. Fleetwood Mac was never supposed to be the focal point of this argument. Lol
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|