View Single Post
Old 05.18.2006, 05:42 PM   #28
lunberg
bad moon rising

lunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to beholdlunberg is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daycare Nation
Dirty just seems to have more depth and atmosphere than Sister, and more feeling. People just don't like it because they think it's cooler to like the pre-Geffen songs.

I don't think it's cooler to like pre-Geffen songs since my fav SY record is Sonic Nurse.

BUT I prefer sister too because it's a real SY achievement, whereas Dirty is more a collection of songs that have nothing to do with each other and there's a huge load of crappy songs(by SY standards off course, the songs before Sugar Kane included are great but after...bleh). However I'd like SY to redo Sister (keep the tuning but clear out all the UNINTENDED noise ) : there's something 'dirty' in their sound that you don't hear that much in DDN or any of their subsequent record. The whole record is poorly produced IMO.
lunberg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|