View Single Post
Old 05.28.2008, 09:50 AM   #29
deadrockstar
little trouble girl

deadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's assesdeadrockstar kicks all y'all's asses
first i heard ejtans, also my fav. then i started on with the early stuff, which is awesome. then their stuff from thousand leaves onwards (stuff i was actually around to buy as and when they were released) all the while peppering my collection with the middle ground stuff (sister to washing machine).

i don't know, it's all really fucking good. initially the stuff i was disappointed with - thousand leaves, murray street and rather ripped.

as for the connection between NYCGaF (that almost looks like a sonic youth tuning) and CiS - yes, yes yes!! i understand where you are coming from, although i'd probably liken to more to BMR (same era, anyway).

NYCGaF is cleaner, better produced etc. but definitely has some very eerie moments reminiscent of their early period. i think the main difference is hinted at in the title - New York City. CiS and BMR are definitely isolated, country horror in my mind, NYCGaF reminds me of the same themes but in a big fuck-off city. it's digital-sounding, structured and mechanical - the early stuff is organic and wires straight into your brain.

two different types of isolation (in different environments); for me that is the recurring theme.
deadrockstar is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|