View Single Post
Old 12.01.2007, 05:53 PM   #7
jetengine
children of satan

jetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's asses
Well, I guess that makes Sonic Youth the 'Ugliest Band of All Time' then, I guess. Strange, all my growing up, The Ramones, Motorhead and The Clash took credit for that.

Nazi Dog once pointed out that when he joined the punk scene in the late '70s, he was fascinated with how attrociously old and ugly Debbie Harry and the Ramones were.

Some journalist here in Canada once pointed out how much Steven Tyler resembles Her Majesty, QE II.

Someone else once pointed out that the leader of More (What was his name...?) was the ugliest rocker ever in the metal scene, one notch above Lemmy.

In the '60s, The Stones were considered the ugliest. There's that classic bit of film footage where one young American girl is asked by a reporter, What do you find so attractive about The Rolling Stones?, to which she replies, "They're so ugly, they're beautiful."

I have noticed over the years that some of the 'sex symbols' of '60s and '70s rock--Morrison, Jagger, Bolan, Stanley--have been called 'ugly' by young girls from subsequent generations.

I wonder how good or bad King Diamond looks without the hideous 'Countess-Bathory's-henchman-Thorko' makeup...? I can't recall ever seeing a photo....

12 to 15 years ago, when she was at the peak of her forgotten career, Juliana Hatfield had the uncanny knack for looking like a cute-little-overgrown-12-year-old one moment, and a ugly 20-/30-something the next.

A few names that were surprisingly left off the list: Ian Gillan, Geddy Lee, Pete Townshend, Peter Criss, Cronos, the women from L7, Alice Cooper, Ted Nugent, Dave hlubek (and the rest of Molly Hatchet), and...Frank Zappa--who by some accounts, prided himself on being the ugliest rock star! Damn! Zappa would have been so disappointed! (I can hear him now: "There they go again: I never get the proper credit I deserve! Neglectful fuckers!")
jetengine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|