View Single Post
Old 08.25.2013, 03:26 PM   #17283
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels

Werckmeister Harmonies,

Strange, haunting, puzzling, cryptic, mesmerising, with a beautiful score.

oh, i have this to watch, and i've watched part of it but it was so good i put it aside to finish on a good long lazy day (today probably), but did you find the dvd transfer as terrible as i did? the fucking thing is cakeboxed (a letterbox inside a pillarbox, in other words, they stuck a widescreen (i think it's a 1.66) inside a 4:3, then they stuck that as a widescreen dvd, so you have black bars on top and bottom and on each side, and if you try to zoom it in to eliminate one set of bars it's all pixelated.)

criterion has to get their hands on this things and reissue. yes, maybe it doesn't matter "for the story", but what i've seen so far is fucking gorgeous and deserves a lot more respect from its medium.

----

ANYWAY.

watched susan seidelman's "smithereens" which was everything that the amos poe move i mentioned the otehr day wasn't-- fun, watchable, meaningful, *in color*, etx. also, great feelies soundtrack, and richard hell is awesome in it, etc., etc.

found out through commentary track this was the first indie american movie in cannes (apparently cassavetes didn't make it? maybe it's bullshit). anyway, i expected absolute caca in the name of new york hype and it turned out to be great actually. well not a masterpiece but totally watchable and good, even if the story was a little, hm, what's the word, "geometric"? meaning, it followed a sort of predictable pattern so you soon knew where everything was going. still, good fun, well made low-budget movie, and the main character reminded me of the idea i have of some boardies ha ha ha ha.

"a legend in her own mind" (hey, it's the movie's tagline)
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|