Thread: Los Angeles
View Single Post
Old 04.16.2010, 12:32 AM   #79
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
did you or will you see the WATTS TOWERS?

they are having issues funding maintenance and a group wants to take them down.

they are in a pretty rough neighborhood too, and so the rich whities do not want to pay to support it, even though it is folk art par excellence!

I LOVE THE WATTS TOWERS! I always have since i was a kid..

I have this bad as Wu-Watts Revolution Sure (Watts up) with big ass Watts Towers on the front, I rep that shit all the time!
I pass by these towers everytime i head north towards downtown LA, Hollyweird, my Rastafari HQ in Highland Park, to Church 2-3 times a week.. It is adjacent to the MTA Blue Line tracks at 103rd street, so I pass by quite often, perhaps 3-5 times a week. Every Sunday I see the sunrise over em, it is magic. I love LA, truthfully I love the hood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
yeah my grandparents used to live in Watts.

my racist twat of a grandfather (may he rot in pieces), would brag about sitting on his porch with a shotgun during the riots, in case the "jungle bunnies" tried something.

he's dead now, but I still dislike him.

good times.
yeah one of the drags about being white in america is you often have some of the wildest fucking relatives, I know what you mean! I grew dreadlocks and became a convert to an African denomination of Christianity simply so racist/bigot white folks wouldn't drop racist bullshit and slurs around my presence, they get instantly that I don't dig that shit.. lucky 99% of my fambam are not like that, but naturally there are a few bad apples..

so are you going to the SY @ the Hollywood Bowl? Also Jimmy Cliff July 25, but get tix early, it will sell out by May/June for sure.. I love "the hollywood bowl, part of your life."

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|