View Single Post
Old 08.30.2007, 11:37 PM   #2
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
the only song i don't like in this album is creme brule; shoot and theresa's sound world can get really heavy (like in dire, not in metalness) in parts but i think they add to the experience.

what most people don't realize is that this album is noisy as hell, had someone else produced the album instead of butch vig, it would have been one of their most difficult; but i think it helped them because that helped them gel their noisy, spiky guitars with actual, completely realized melodies and great classic yet ambitious song structures and arrangements.

and, they did their share of noise break improvisations on it, but every note has a place in the album, it's like it was composed that way. it's also one of their most emotional albums.

as i said on the mille follie thread, this is part of my triumvirate.

oh yeah, and it has my favorite cover they have ever done.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|